Monday, October 22, 2007

Fiction By Everyone

I'm going to try something here. I know I don't have a lot of readers just yet, but I'm going to try it anyway. I am going to start a fictional story. I will only go so far. If someone reads it and has a good, bad, or even mediocre way for the story to continue, comment where you think the story should go. I will then use every one's ideas and put together the rest of the story little by little. Maybe once a week, twice a week, just depends on how many people participate. I think this will be fun and a good way for us all to relax a little and get ourselves out of the real world and into a fictional world where everyone has a part.

OK, here we go....


The beginning.....
Somehow everything got turned around. I wasn't supposed to be here. The air is different, I can actually breathe. Where did everything go? The place is empty and there is no sign of human life anywhere to be found. Where the hell am I and how the hell did I get here? Wait a minute, I don't even know who I am. Think damnit. What happened?

My mind is blank. I can't remember anything about anything. How do I know that the ground beneath me is dirt and that tall object in the distance is a tree? How do I know that these things that cover me are clothes? Up above me is a dark sky that does not seem to be the same color that it used to be. How could I possibly know this and not know who or where I am? What color is the sky supposed to be? Something is not right. What am I supposed to do? Where am I supposed to go? I can't just stay here where there is nothing but a single tree and some dirt. I need answers and I need them now.

No comments: